Effective Date: October 2017
Clickary Limited (“we, Knowledge Perks“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
Our online learning environment platform and any related social network functions (“Site“); and
Any of the services accessible through the Site (“Services“).
This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the data controller is Clickary Limited, registered in Ireland, with an address at C/O Clickary Limited, First Floor, Filmbase Offices, 2 Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. Ireland.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- “Information you give us (“Submitted information”)“: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to any of our Services, search for Services, share data via the Site’s social media functions, and when you report a problem with our Services or with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail and phone number, date of birth, gender, other registration information and any other personal information you may give us.
- Information we collect about you (“Collected Information”): Each time you visit our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Details of your use of our Site and the resources that you access.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
WHEN WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose some or all of the data in the following circumstances:
- With your consent. We will only share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals when we have your consent to do so.
- We use analytics service providers to better understand usage patterns of the Services or our Site. These providers collect information on our behalf using cookies and similar technologies. We use these service providers to better understand how people use our Services so that we can improve the design and usability of our products. We may track users’ anonymised, aggregated data outside of our Services and Site.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may disclose your personal information (photograph, first name and last name) to persons utilising the Services who you are not connected with.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Knowledge Perks or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- Enforce or apply the TOU and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of Knowledge Perks, our customers, or others.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Submitted Information may be used in the following circumstances:
- to carry out the Services and our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you may have already purchased or enquired about;
- to respond to inquiries, where in such circumstances, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing;
- to notify you about changes to our Services; and
- to ensure that content from our Services Site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Collected Information may be used in the following circumstances:
- to administer our Services and Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services and Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Services Site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We take the following steps to help keep personal information secure:
- We encrypt data transmissions using SSL technology.
- We have reasonable measures in place to protect the physical security of records we store on our premises.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, agents and other trusted business partners who need to know that information in order to process it for us for the purposes described above, and who are subject to confidentiality or employment agreements.
- We take steps to ensure that adequate levels of data protection are provided in any country outside of the EEA to or in which we may transfer or maintain your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Services or our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Directive. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
THIRD PARTY MATERIAL
We accept no liability howsoever arising for the content, accuracy or reliability of any third party materials or websites, or any part of them, which may be referenced from time to time by link or other means at this site or for the data collection and use practices or security measures exercised by third parties.